The SOUND4 IMPACT PCIe Card
- 100% autonomous in terms of resources – the card only requires power from the PC.
- 4 inputs – AES from 32 to 192 kHz, analog, IP (Livewire or SOUND4 IP CONNECT), and PCI (audio driver).
- Mixing of inputs and automatic safety function.
- 5 simultaneous and independent outputs – TX1, TX2, AES, Analog IP (Livewire or SOUND4 IP CONNECT), and PCI (audio driver).
- Routing of signals for outputs.
- Relay switch for automatic by-pass.
- Digital AES/EBU synchronization input.
- DSP computing power – 4 Giga Flops (Sharc 40 bits with floating point).
- GUI and driver compatible 32 & 64 bits – Windows 7, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 10, 2008 R2, 2012 and Linux (Debian)
- Multicard driver (the number of PCIe slots will be equal to the number of cards admissible in the same PC).
- Start-up time of the SOUND4 IMPACT card – 2 seconds max to being on air.
- 100% upgradeable and fast. While updating the card, the sound is interrupted for only two seconds.
User-Friendly Control Interface
- The sound setting from one single screen – you no longer need to open and close windows to go from one function to another.
- Two modes – Easy and Full. Easy – provides simplicity and rapidity; Full – allows you to explore all of the processor functionalities. There are also ultra-rapid VU meters for true control over modulation.
- Unlimited “Undo/Redo” versioning function for presets with the possibility of recall.
Innovative “compare” function with reference notion.
- Log function for presets.
- A readable and interactive diagram.
- A remote connection manager to control several processors.
- Works with the following operating systems – WXP SP3, W7 32& 64 bits, W8 32 & 64 bits, WS 2008 R2, WS 2012, Linux (Debian).
- HQ Sound, main sampling process frequency of 192 kHz.
- 2-band AGC.
- 4-band EQ + Tone FX and Stereo FX
- Stereo enhancer.
- 6-band process with Fidelity and Sound Impact System (S.I.S.).
- 3-band limiter.
- 4-band EQ.
- Final limiters
- FM path – Bass Clipper + FM Limiter + MPX Limiter
- HD path – Look Ahead limiter for the HD outlet.
- BS412 compliant MPX power controller.
- Ultra-low delay – 30 milliseconds.
Other key points:
Stereo Matrixing for better stability in loudness and sound tone when the receiver switches from mono/stereo/mono.
19 kHz embedded pilot to gain close to 1 dB in loudness.
Basic RDS encoder (with scrolling PS)
Full RDS (UECP-compatible)
IP Codec – SOUND4 IP Connect
Audio Backup – thanks to the audio driver
Audio streaming – 6 encoders (MP3, AAC, HE-AAC v1 & v2), compatible with all delivery servers (Icecast, Shoutcast v1 & V2, Flash, Wowza)
Replication of inputs
Link & Share – 100% of all parameters are accessible via the telnet protocol
Panels – the device allows you to create your own panels with unlimited functionality
Preset Sharing – the ultimate solution to managing an unlimited number of processors. All of them are automatically updated if one of them is modified